37. F. Zhou, Y. Hong, R. Liang, X. Zhang, Y. Liao, D. Jiang, J. Zhang, Z. Sheng, C. Xie, Z. Peng, X. Zhuang, V. Bunpetch, Y. Zou, W. Huang, Q. Zhang, E. Alakpa, S. Zhang, H. Ouyang, “Rapid printing of bio-inspired 3D tissue constructs for skin regeneration”, Biomaterials, 2020, 258, 120287.
36. Y. Wang#, W. Huang#, Y. Wang, X. Mu, S. Ling, H. Yu, W. Chen, C. Guo, M.C. Watson, Y. Yu, L.D. Black III, M. Li, F.G. Omenetto, C. Li and D. L. Kaplan, “Stimuli-Responsive Composite Biopolymer Actuators with Selective Spatial Deformation Behavior”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2020, 117 (25), 14602-14608.
35. R. Parker, D. Cairns, W. Wu, K. Jordan, C. Guo, W. Huang, Z. Martin‐Moldes, D. L. Kaplan, “Smart Material Hydrogel Transfer Devices Fabricated with Stimuli‐Responsive Silk‐Elastin‐Like Proteins”, Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2020, 9 (11), 2000266.
34. X. Mu, Y. Wang, C. Guo, Y. Li, S. Ling, W. Huang, P. Cebe, H. Hsu, F. Ferrari, X. Jiang, Q. Xu, A. Balduini, F.G. Omenetto, C. Li and D. L. Kaplan, “3D Printing of Silk Protein Structures by Aqueous Solvent‐Directed Molecular Assembly”, Macromolecular Bioscience, 2019, 20 (1), 1900191.
33. W. Huang, S. Ling, C. Li, F. G. Omenetto and D. L. Kaplan, “Silkworm Silk-based Materials and Devices Generated Using Bio-nanotechnology”, Chemical Society Reviews, 2018, 47 (17), 6486-6504.
32. J. Yeo, W. Huang, A. Tarakanova, Y. W. Zhang, D. L. Kaplan, and M. J. Buehler, “Unraveling the Molecular Mechanisms of Thermo-responsive Properties of Silk-Elastin-Like Proteins by Integrating Multiscale Modeling and Experiment”, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2018, 6 (22), 3727-3734.
31. E. Roberts, N. Rim, W. Huang, A. Tarakanova, J. Yeo, M. J. Buehler, D. L. Kaplan, and J. Wong, “Fabrication and Characterization of Recombinant Silk‐Elastin‐Like‐Protein (SELP) Fiber”, Macromolecular Bioscience, 2018, 18 (12), 1800265.
30. M. Rodriguez, T. Dixon, E. Cohen, W. Huang, F. Omenetto, and D.L. Kaplan, “3D Freeform Printing of Silk Fibroin”, Acta biomaterialia, 2018, 71, 379-387.
29. C.H. Bowen, B. Dai, C.J. Sargent, W. Bai, P. Ladiwala, H. Feng, W. Huang, D. L. Kaplan, J. M. Galazka, F. Zhang, “Recombinant Spidroins Fully Replicate Primary Mechanical Properties of Natural Spider Silk”, Biomacromolecules, 2018, 19 (9), 3853-3860.
28. W. Huang, D. Ebrahimi, N. Dinjaski, M. J. Buehler, and D. L. Kaplan, “Synergistic Integration of Experimental and Simulation Approaches for the de novo Design of Silk-based Materials”, Accounts of Chemical Research, 2017, 50 (4), 866-876.
27. W. Huang, S. Krishnaji, O. Tokareva, D. L. Kaplan, and P. Cebe, “Tunable Crystallization, Degradation and Self-assembly of Recombinant Protein Block Copolymer”, Polymer, 2017, 117, 107-116.
26. A. Tarakanova, W. Huang, D. L. Kaplan, M. J. Buehler, “Computational Smart Polymer Design based on Elastin Protein Mutability”, Biomaterials, 2017, 127, 49-60.
25. A. Tarakanova, W. Huang, D. L. Kaplan, M. J. Buehler, “Modeling and Experiment Reveal Mutable Inverse Temperature Transition in Silk-Elastin-like Protein Polymers”, ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2017, 3 (11), 2889-2899.
24. S. Ling, Z. Qin, W. Huang, S. Chao, D. L. Kaplan, and M. J. Buehler, “Design and Function of Biomimetic Multilayer Water Purification Membranes”, Science Advances, 2017, 3 (4), e1601939.
23. R. Calabrese, N. Raia, W. Huang, C. Ghezzi, M. Simon, C. Staii, A. Weiss, and D. L. Kaplan, “Silk-Ionomer and Silk-Tropoelastin Hydrogels as Charged Three-Dimensional Culture Platforms for the Regulation of hMSCs Response”, Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2017, 11 (9), 2549-2564.
22. S. Ling, Z. Qin, C. Li, W. Huang, D. L. Kaplan, and M. J. Buehler, “Polymorphic Regenerated Silk Fibers Assembled Through Bioinspired Spinning”, Nature Communications, 2017, 8, 1387.
21. J. Guo, C. Li, S. Ling, W. Huang, Y. Chen, and D. L. Kaplan, “Multiscale Design and Synthesis of Biomimetic Gradient Protein/Biosilica Composites for Interfacial Tissue Engineering”, Biomaterials, 2017, 145, 44-55.
20. M. Jacobsen, O. Tokareva, D. Ebrahimi, W. Huang, S.Ling, N. Dinjaski, D. Li, M. Simon, C. Staii, M. J. Buehler, D. L. Kaplan, J. Wong “Effect of Terminal Modification on the Molecular Assembly and Mechanical Properties of Protein-Based Block Copolymers”, Macromolecular Bioscience, 2017, 17(9), 1700095.
19. W. Huang, A. Tarakanova, N. Dinjaski, Q. Wang, X. Xia, Y. Chen, J. Wong, M. J. Buehler, and D. L. Kaplan, “Design of Multi-Stimuli Responsive Hydrogels using Integrated Modeling and Genetically Engineered Silk-Elastin-Like-Proteins”, Advanced Functional Materials, 2016, 26 (23), 4113–4123.
18. J. Zhu, W. Huang, Q. Zhang, S. Ling, Y. Chen, and D. L. Kaplan, “Aqueous-Based Coaxial Electrospinning of Genetically Engineered Silk Elastin Core-Shell Nanofibers”, Materials, 2016, 9 (4), 221.
17. K. Zheng, Y. Chen, W. Huang, Y. Lin, D. L. Kaplan, and Y. Fan, “Chemically Functionalized Silk for Human Bone Marrow-derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Proliferation and Differentiation”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8 (23), 14406–14413.
16. W. Huang, A. Rollett, and D. L. Kaplan, “Silk-Elastin-Like Protein Biomaterials for the Controlled Delivery of Therapeutics”, Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, 2015, 12 (5), 779-791.
15. S. Zhou, W. Huang, D. Belton, L. Simmons, C. Perry, X. Wang, and D. L. Kaplan, “Control of Silicification by Genetically Engineered Fusion Proteins: Silk-Silica Binding Peptides (SiBPs)”, Acta Biomaterialia, 2015, 15, 173-180.
14. B. An, M. Tang-Schomer, W. Huang, J. He, J. Jones, R. Lewis, and D. L. Kaplan, “Physical and Biological Regulation of Neuron Regenerative Growth and Network Formation on Recombinant Dragline Silks Biomaterials”, Biomaterials, 2015, 48, 137-146.
13. S. Lin, S. Ryu, O. Tokareva, G. Gronau, M. Jacobsen, W. Huang, D. Rizzo, D. Li, C. Staii, N. Pugno, J. Wong, D. L. Kaplan, and M. J. Buehler, “Predictive Modelling-based Design and Experiments for Synthesis and Spinning of Bioinspired Silk Fibres”, Nature Communications, 2015, 6, 6892.
12. J. Rnjak-Kovacina, L. Wray, K. Burke, T. Torregrosa, J. Golinski, W. Huang, and D. L. Kaplan, “Lyophilized Silk Sponges: A Versatile Biomaterial Platform for Soft Tissue Engineering”, ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2015, 1 (4), 260-270.
11. W. Huang, S. Krishnaji, O. Tokareva, D. L. Kaplan, and P. Cebe, “Influence of Water on Protein Transitions: Morphology and Secondary Structure”, Macromolecules, 2014, 47 (22), 8107-8114.
10. W. Huang, S. Krishnaji, O. Tokareva, D. L. Kaplan, and P. Cebe, “Influence of Water on Protein Transitions: Thermal Analysis”, Macromolecules, 2014, 47 (22), 8098-8106.
9. S. Krishnaji, W. Huang, D. L. Kaplan, and P. Cebe, “Influence of Solution Parameters on Phase Diagram of Recombinant Spider Silk-Like Block Copolymers”, Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 2014, 215 (12), 1230-1238.
8. W. Qin, X. Xia, W. Huang, Y. Lin, Q. Xu, and D. L. Kaplan, “High Throughput Screening of Dynamic Silk-Elastin-Like Protein Biomaterials”, Advanced Functional Materials, 2014, 24 (27), 4303-4310.
7. O. Tokareva, S. Lin, M. Jacobsen, W. Huang, D. Rizzo, D. Li, M. Simon, C. Staii, P. Cebe, J. Wong, M.J. Buehler, and D. L. Kaplan, “Effect of Sequence Features on Assembly of Spider Silk Block Copolymers”, Journal of Structural Biology, 2014, 186 (3), 412-419.
6. X. Hu, M. Tang-Schomer, W. Huang, X. Xia, A. Weiss, and D. L. Kaplan, “Charge-Tunable Autoclaved Silk-Tropoelastin Protein Alloys that Control Neuron Cell Responses”, Advanced Functional Materials, 2013, 23 (31), 3875-3884.
5. Y. Lin, X. Xia, K. Shang, R. Elia, W. Huang, P. Cebe, and D. L. Kaplan, “Tuning Chemical and Physical Crosslinks in Silk Hydrogels for Morphological Analysis and Mechanical Reinforcement”, Biomacromolecules, 2013, 14 (8), 2629-2635.
4. W. Huang, S. Krishnaji, D. L. Kaplan, and P. Cebe, “Thermal Analysis of Spider Silk Inspired Di-block Copolymers in the Glass Transition Region by TMDSC”, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2012, 109 (3), 1193-1201.
3. W. Huang, S. Krishnaji, X. Hu, D. L. Kaplan, and P. Cebe, “Heat Capacity of Spider Silk-Like Block Copolymers”. Macromolecules, 2011, 44 (13), 5299-5309.
2. S. Krishnaji, W. Huang, O. Tokareva, E. Kharlampieva, I. Choi, V. Tsukruk, R. Naik, P. Cebe, and D. L. Kaplan, “Thin Film Assembly of Spider Silk-like Block Copolymers”. Langmuir, 2011, 27 (3), 1000-1008.
1. W. Huang, K. Edenzon, L. Fernandez, S. Razmpour, J. Woodburn, and P. Cebe, “Nanocomposites of Poly(vinylidene fluoride) with Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2010, 115 (6) 3238– 3248.
N. Dinjaski, W. Huang, and D. L. Kaplan, “Recursive Directional Ligation Approach for Recombinant Spider Silk Cloning”, Methods in Molecular Biology on self-assembling peptides, Humana Press, New York, NY, 2018, 181-192.